Entrepreneur, Attorney, & Ukulele Strummer
Out team created and operates a website development and hosting platform for small law firms.
Although I resigned from my full-time practice in 2013, I continue practicing law part-time to support Kansas City startups, small businesses, and freelancers.
At Edge Up Sports, we’re merging big data and fantasy football.
I’ve been honored to receive several professional acknowledgements:
- Silicon Prairie Service Provider of the Year Finalist, 2013 & 2014
- Top Ten People Kansas City Entrepreneurs Should Meet, SPN, 2014
- Top Ten Law Firm Website, Lawyerist.com, 2014
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2013, 2014, 2015, & 2016
- KCMBA Bar Leadership Academy, 2011-2012
- Candler S. Rogers Award for Most Outstanding Law Review Writing, 2010
Working in the Kansas City community is awesome. Here are some of the organizations in which I am (or previously was) involved:
- Board of Advisors, KC Tech Council
- Mentor, UMKC Institute for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Mentor, Startup Weekend Kansas City
- Mentor, The Sprint Accelerator
- Mentor, Kansas City Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts
- Mentor, Coffee + Design
- Speaker, WordCamp Kansas City
- Speaker, Kansas City Design Week
- Member, Think Big Coworking
- Co-Founder, Edge Up Sports
- Founder, Innovative Professionals for Entrepreneurs
- Member, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Member, Missouri Bar
- Member, Kansas Bar
Together with my dad (“Brownie”) and our friends, we compete and serve competition BBQ all summer long.
I’ve played a bunch of instruments over the years, namely drums and guitar. But today my favorite instrument is the ukulele.
/in the news