A forward-looking law firm serving Kansas City startups, freelancers, and small businesses. We make things easy on entrepreneurs by using use cloud-based technology, digital file-sharing, electronic signatures, and online billing.
Finally, contracts humans can read. We created Contract Canvas specifically for creative freelancers. You tell us about your project and we’ll create a “human contract” using icons and plain english. Every contract also includes legal terms more familiar to lawyers and judges and you can sign your contracts directly on our website.
Our team created and operates a website development and hosting platform for small law firms.
I’ve been honored to receive several professional acknowledgements:
- Recipient, WeWork Creator Award
- Silicon Prairie Service Provider of the Year Finalist, 2013 & 2014
- Top Ten People Kansas City Entrepreneurs Should Meet, SPN, 2014
- Top Ten Law Firm Website, Lawyerist.com, 2014
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2013, 2014, 2015, & 2016
- KCMBA Bar Leadership Academy, 2011-2012
- Candler S. Rogers Award for Most Outstanding Law Review Writing, 2010
Working in the Kansas City community is awesome. Here are some of the organizations in which I am (or previously was) involved:
- Board of Advisors & Policy Committee, KC Tech Council
- Policy Committee, Kansas City Startup Foundation
- Board Member, KC Legal Hackers
- Subject Matter Expert (Law), Kauffman FastTrac
- Associate Member, The Freelance Exchange of Kansas City
- Mentor, UMKC Institute for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Mentor, Startup Weekend Kansas City
- Mentor, The Sprint Accelerator
- Mentor, Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts
- Mentor, The Lean Lab
- Mentor, Coffee + Design
- Speaker, ECJC Workshop Series
- Speaker, WordCamp Kansas City
- Speaker, Kansas City Design Week
- Member, Think Big Coworking
- Member, WeWork
- Co-Founder, Edge Up Sports
- Founder, Innovative Professionals for Entrepreneurs
- Graduate, KCMBA Bar Leadership Academy
- Member, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Member, Missouri Bar
- Member, Kansas Bar
Together with my dad (“Brownie”) and our friends, we compete and serve competition BBQ all summer long.
I’ve played a bunch of instruments over the years, namely drums and guitar. But today my favorite instrument is the ukulele.